Choosing an experienced commercial roofing contractor in Toronto is one of the most important things you can do for your property. Installing a commercial or industrial flat roof takes skill and quality workmanship, so going with the right company to install your flat roof is as easily as important as using high performance material.
In general, most professional commercial roofing contractors are reliable craftsmen, however, it’s important to do prior due diligence when it comes to hiring the right contractor for your commercial or industrial roofing project. Hiring an inexperienced industrial roofing contractor, for example, can be a costly mistake.
So, to help you make the right decision on which industrial roofing contractor to hire in Toronto, we’ve outlined some important questions to ask, first. Below are ten essential questions to ask a commercial roofing company before, during and after your roofing project.
Questions to ask before the roofing project begins
- Is the commercial roofing company fully licensed and insured within the local jurisdiction? If so, the company’s insurance certificate should be available upon request.
- Is the company registered with the government and in good standing with Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB)? Avoid companies that are not.
- How long has the company been in operation for? The more experience, the better.
- Is the company certified by its product manufacturers? Only hire a company if certified by all of its product manufacturers.
- What is their reputation with local customers? Always ask to see testimonials of other commercial roofing projects they’ve completed.
- What is the timeline of the project? Much of the time spent on a new commercial roofing project involves the general design. Once the project begins, the commercial roofing company you hire should provide an experienced crew to complete the project efficiently and on time. To ensure that your roofer understands and accommodates your timeframe, always ask how long the project will take before work begins.
Questions to ask during the roofing project
- How can noise be managed? It’s no secret that installing a new commercial flat roof in Toronto can be a noisy job. With that being said, noise can always be managed. In all cases, your commercial roofing contractor should ensure you are not unnecessarily disturbed.
- What is that smell and will it affect day-to-day business operations? Ensure that the commercial roofing company you hire is using safe, low-VOC adhesives or primers on your roofing project. Although you may notice temporary odors, professional roofing companies will have the proper know-how to minimize the infiltration of odors through roof vents and other openings.
Questions to ask after the roofing project has completed
- What should I do to protect my investment and ensure maximum roof longevity? To maximize the long-term performance of a new commercial roofing system, it is important that the company you hire follows-up with periodic roof inspections.
- When can I schedule a flat roof inspection? The commercial roofing company you hire should be available anytime for a roofing inspection. A roofing inspection is a vital part of maintaining the lifespan of your roof, as it can reveal problems like storm damage and clogged drains. Routine inspections reveal developing issues in order to better manage them at a less expensive rate than if left unattended.
Hiring a Commercial Roofer in Toronto
The installation of a high-performance commercial roofing system is something all commercial property owners require. Therefore, it is understandable that business owners and managers will have questions about the process.
When it comes to hiring a commercial or industrial roofing contractor in Toronto, Ontario, trust the experts at Crown Industrial Roofing. We have the experience necessary to perform a wide variety of industrial and commercial roofing projects in the Greater Toronto Area. As one of Toronto’s most trusted commercial roofing companies, you can count on us. Contact one of our commercial roofing contractors today, and let us know how we can help you get started on your commercial roofing project.