As an owner of commercial property in Toronto, there’s no question that you’ll need a quality roofing system to protect your building and the people within. Quality commercial or industrial roofing systems are meant to last several years, but what happens when issues arise? Whether your commercial flat roof or industrial flat roof requires repairs, or an entire replacement, it’s important to call a professional roofing contractor to help.
Here are six signs you need to contact a roofing contractor today:
- Damaged roof flashings. A flat roof’s flashing is an integral component to its structural integrity. Flashings secure the roofing materials and prevent water and other seasonal debris from damaging the roofing system. Bent or damaged flashings must be immediately taken care of by a trained professional to prevent water penetration and moisture build up.
- Clogged Drains. Clogged drains can lead to moisture build up, which can cause warping and other unsafe damages related to moisture. Not only is ponding and pooling water on the roof a good indicator of a clogged downspout, but also, if you notice very little water coming out – or none at all – after heavy rain, your drains are likely clogged. To take care of this issue properly, contact a local commercial roofing contractor, as the contractors will have the necessary tools and experience to perform a thorough inspection, flat roof repairs, or flat roof replacement.
- Holes or other visible damage on the roof. When there are visible signs of damage on your commercial flat roof, call an experienced commercial roofing contractor immediately. Whether the flat roof damage was due to recent severe weather, or simply gradual wear and tear, even the smallest amount of damage can lead to larger (and more costly) problems in the future.
- Ceiling leaks or water stains. Although roof leaks can be common, they should never be neglected. If you notice that your roof is leaking or that there is visible water stains on your ceiling panels, it’s time to give the professionals a call. Damaged rubber seals or flashings commonly cause roof leaks. The good news is that these damages can be easily resealed or replaced by a roofing contractor if adhered to in time.
- Increased energy costs. If you’ve recently noticed that the heating or cooling costs for your property have soared, you may need to give a roofing contractor a call. Why? Sudden increased energy costs can be a big sign of unseen roof leaks and other foundational issues.
- Aged roof. Like all essential parts of a building, over time, key elements will start to wear down. A quality commercial or industrial roofing system generally lasts 25-30 years with a proper maintenance plan. If you’ve had the same commercial flat roof well passed this time, or if you’re noticing general signs of wear and tear, it would be a good idea to consult a professional commercial roofing company near you. Together, you’ll be better able to decide on the next steps to take.
Expert Commercial Roofers in Toronto, Ontario
Always remember that your roof plays a vital role in keeping your property safe from harmful elements. If you notice any of the above six signs on your commercial or industrial flat roof, don’t hesitate to contact the experts at Crown Industrial Roofing. Whether you’re in need of a flat roof inspection, a flat roof repair or a flat roof replacement, we have the experience and necessary resources to successfully complete your commercial roofing project – on time and on budget.
If it’s time for a new flat roof, or if you’re looking for flat roof repair services in Toronto, Ontario and the surroundings, contact us today for your free roofing inspection.