If you’re in the market for a new commercial or industrial flat roof in Toronto, or if you’re looking for replacement options, there can be a lot of information about specific roofing systems you’ll need to gather, first.
Let’s face it: there are many roofing systems available today, so choosing one can be a difficult task.
Before making an investment on your new commercial roofing system, it’s good to know what you’re buying and what the benefits are. To make your buying decision easier, we’ve put together some basic information about PVC roofing, so that you’ll gain more knowledge on what it is and how it can benefit your commercial property.
PVC Roofing Systems
PVC roofing, otherwise known as or polyvinyl chloride, is a type of single-ply roofing membrane used on commercial or industrial roofs that are either flat or low-sloped. PVC is the third-most widely produced synthetic plastic polymer, and it is known for its durability and cost-effectiveness.
PVC roofing systems are also extremely versatile; the material can be processed into a variety of products used for commercial roofing. For example, if you’re looking to replace your existing flat roof, PVC could be a great option for your property, as it can be installed directly over existing roof membrane. This can which save a lot of money by avoiding costly roof tear-offs and extra manned hours.
What is a PVC roofing system made of?
PVC roofing systems offer an impressive set of advantages due to the materials used. PVC membrane is made from two layers of polyvinyl chloride where polyester is added in between to act as reinforcement. Each layer includes additives that make the material flexible, durable and environmentally sustainable.
The Benefits of PVC Roofing Systems
As mentioned, PVC roofing systems are among the most durable to date. A properly installed, high quality PVC roofing system can last 20-30 years, and will not require much maintenance during its service life.
Other added benefits of a PVC roofing system include:
1. Chemical resistant. Commercial buildings that deal with a heavy amount of chemicals would benefit from having a PVC roofing system. Why? The materials used in a PVC system are highly resistant to chemical damage.
2. Fire resistant. PVC roofing membranes are extremely difficult to ignite. In fact, if the membrane is ever ignited, it will self extinguish when the source of flame is removed.
3. Wind resistant. PVC roofing systems have superior wind uplift resistance because they are installed with heat-welded seams.
4. Water resistant. PVC is excellent at holding up to extreme moisture, making it a popular choice in wet climates.
5. Environmentally friendly. PVC roofing is made up of highly reflective materials that can reduce energy demand as well as monthly heating (with insulation) and cooling costs. Additionally, the vinyl used in PVC roofs can be recycled into new products, even after decades of use.
Toronto’s PVC Roofing Specialists
By understanding what a PVC roofing system is and the benefits it can have for your Toronto property, you’ll be better suited to make a more informed decision in the buying process. If you’re in need of further guidance as to which roofing system would be best suited for commercial property, contact the experts at Crown Industrial Roofing.
Whether you require a new commercial roof or need to re-roof your property, our highly qualified, Toronto-based commercial roofing contractors will provide you with the professional advice you need to get the job done right.
Contact us today for your free commercial roofing inspection.