We’re currently looking for experienced and career-oriented full-time Journeymen to join our expanding team at Crown Industrial Roofing. You will perform lead, higher-skilled level work involving the application and repair of various types of flat roofing systems. You will lead team members and be responsible for the satisfactory completion of tasks related to the days project. Candidates are expected to have at least 3 years experience installing flat-roof products, as well as experience leading a team. Crown Roofing offers updated training through out the year, so you can feel comfortable knowing you’re working on a team of committed, driven individuals who are investing in your future.
- Working with project supervisor to set daily goals and then directing the crew to meet those goals.
- Setting up project sites including equipment and scaffolding.
- Communicating with members of the crew as well as project supervisor and/or business owner.
- Identifying safety related issues and correcting those issues including making sure that all members of the crew are meeting Ontario safety standards.
- Protecting the building and building content for any projects that they are working on.
- Understanding the overall roof assembly being installed and overseeing the installation of the materials into a complete and functional roofing system.
- Understanding how materials and roofing systems go together and come apart in order to complete repairs to existing roofing systems.
- Keeping project sites in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Ability to communicate effectively both in written and oral communications with crew members and project supervisors. The ability to listen is a critical aspect of communications.
- Capable of taking constructive criticism and learning from mistakes.
- Ability to identify safety hazards on project sites and take corrective measures to eliminate or reduce risks associated with those hazards.
- Ability to identify specific types of roofing materials and implement proper installation and repair methods.
- Experience with Modified Bitumen, Built Up Roof and Single-Ply (EPDM, TPO, PVC) roofing systems
- Ability to use all hand tools associated with roofing installation including simple hand tools and specific roofing related tools.
- Physical ability to lift and manoeuvre heavy weighted objects including materials and equipment.
- Comfort working in various weather conditions and at heights.
Join Crown Industrial Roofing’s experienced team and enjoy working with real professionals. We offer great financial rewards and a positive working environment for capable and motivated industrial roofers and commercial roofers.
Email your resume:
Call us today: