Crown Industrial Roofing is looking for experienced and career-oriented full-time Lead Hands to join our expanding team at Crown Industrial Roofing. You will liaise between managers and workers to reach goals and raise concerns, keep track of materials and inventory needs, schedule and organize teams to meet specified quality and time goals, and identify and communicate safety or time concerns due to process, materials, or sites. You will also multi-task and problem solve while assisting your crew with hands-on work. Candidates must have at least 3-years experience installing flat-roof products, as well as experience leading a team. Crown Roofing offers updated training through so you can feel comfortable knowing you’re working on a team of committed, driven individuals who are investing in your future.
- Checks that the project is proceeding according to the construction plans, and that each job is done in the proper sequence.
- Sees that the crew follows all of the required construction methods.
- Helps with any necessary technical training or re-training of crew members.
- Understands the safety procedures and keeps the crew following the rules, even in a time crunch.
- Helps keep the work environment safe.
- Looks ahead, ordering needed supplies ahead of time and ensuring subcontractors are scheduled in advance.
- Keeps the team in line, seeing that workers show up on time and that they keep the job site clean.
- Participates in training programs, sometimes running them.
- Handles the site foreman’s duties when he’s absent.
- Takes care of paperwork.
- Ability to communicate effectively both in written and oral communications with crew members and project supervisors. The ability to listen is a critical aspect of communications.
- Experience with Modified Bitumen, Built Up Roof and Single-Ply (EPDM, TPO, PVC) roofing systems
- Ability to identify safety hazards on project sites and take corrective measures to eliminate or reduce risks associated with those hazards.
- Capable of taking constructive criticism and learning from mistakes.
- Ability to identify specific types of roofing materials and implement proper installation and repair methods.
- Ability to use all hand tools associated with roofing installation including simple hand tools and specific roofing related tools.
Join Crown Industrial Roofing’s experienced team and enjoy working with real professionals. We offer great financial rewards and a positive working environment for capable and motivated industrial roofers and commercial roofers.
Email your resume:
Call us today: